AEROLIFTER; Air powered cargo loaders
The Aerolifter is designed to load and unload air cargo containers of different shapes and sizes into airplanes where there is no permanent infrastructure available. It is also very suitable for the transportation of fragile cargo load containers.
To load the cargo containers inside the airplane you only need compressed air and an airtight surface to move on.
The principle of transportation is based on air caster technology. The air casters operate by means of a flexible rubber membrane that is fed by compressed air. A controlled leakage of the compressed air creates a thin air film between the floor and the air caster. The air caster can float a few tenth of a millimetre above the floor with virtually no friction. It only requires 1 kg of pulling force to move a weight of 1,000 kg.
• Weight (and fuel) savings on the cargo handling equipment
• No high investment for automated cargo handling equipment in the plane needed
• No high investment in infrastructure needed
• Can be operated by one single person
• Simple construction requires very low maintenance
• Virtually friction free movement of cargo containers
• Accurate positioning of the cargo containers
• Not attached to airplane, so no certification needed
• No point loads on the aircraft deck and the bottom of the containers
• Can be used for every type of ULD and other containers